Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Open the Trunk(Show)

At Chic-a-thon, Mumbai.
Had fun Journal'in this piece. Cheers!
I walked into the 12 hours of shopping event on this rainy Sunday in Mumbai. One of the first ones to walk across the fashion bling stalls and I am happy about that. More space to explore what’s on offer, you see!. Lit up halls and aesthetically done-up pop up zones. This post is purely about my side of the story. What attracted me, what would have worked for the show, what could have been better and as a consumer, what I would have loved to know much before I decided to go there in skin and bones.
The first sight
I walked out of the lift to be attracted to this Gourmet Tea zone, what a pretty sight that was. I knew, I will get my dose of Hibiscus right there. But, what I found there was a range of mixed exotic elements in black/green/white tea. Heavenly aromatic blends. Gift bucketed in a box. Do check them out. Happily call themselves Brewlette(India).I carried an experience back, along with ‘Kashmiri Kahwa’, ‘Orange Splash’ & ‘Soothing Seabuckthorn’. Sipping on the Kahwa while I write this.
The meet the artist room:
I walked in next to a hall, which smelled of new clothes. One after the other, a slow revelation of artist’s creation took stand in front of me. The talented designers personally appeared to display their inspirations. Florals, bright(s), drapes, silks, chiffons, nets dominated the festive season show. Bling is the hottest selling in India every year this time of the year.
The Show Stopper:
Capes of course! I love them. It simply stole my heart that day. Designers had their versions of the cape and each one of it was so different and charming. Flowy best! This piece of beauty should find a place to your closet soon. Style it your way.
Show and tell:
Few interesting facts about the line-up made me stop and research more about them.
  • Poem, a crafty bag store had an exclusive launch on that day. These Delhi based Leather connoisseurs were excited about their black and coloured bag story. The designs are modern and chic. I would love to own their Structured Hobo. You may want to get a look at their website.  I have this thing for concept bags. Worth a try for sure.
  • Sonam Parmar’s creations had an edge. Everything on hanger looked delectable. The cape with a print of vintage sewing machine has marched right into my closet. And, I am already musing over all the styling twists. Will do a post very soon on that lookbook. She has designed this print and her studio in Pune inspires all things on this print. Look her designs up! Quirky, edgy and sequins. The layers and cuts are neat.    
I can go on writing about all the designers there but Poem & Sonam stayed with me.
Publicize Publicize and more Publicize:
Went a miss totally! I would have loved to know more about who is in there. What kind of line ups. Would have loved to talk to the hosts.etc etc.. me want more, you see! I love to curiously explore and I have figured out that service in India is served in a platter. So, yeah! Knowing more was important.
All-in-all, a great line up, busy designers and stall owners, curious style enthusiasts!
P.S: Roposo had their engagement stall and I did win some freebies too ;)
 

3 comments:

Meghna Dixit said...

Wish I was there with you. Like the writing. Got NE daydreaming.

As for cape, they are almost a version of "Abaya" so have been a hit in middle east market for some time now. Now they have entered the departmental stores as well 🙈

Oindrila Chakraborty said...

I would have pulled you along for sure

Snehal Ruparel said...

Beautifully narrated. I heard Aww official was excellent